Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Challenge Starts in 3 Days!!

So I'm preparing for a month without tv.  Ok, 2 hours of tv per week for about 4 weeks.  Yesterday I "prepared" by getting in as much tv as possible.  And a movie.

...there was no time for dishes or dog-walking - I was one with the couch!

And then I couldn't sleep.  Our movie of choice ended at about 11pm.  I fell asleep for a little while, only to wake up at 3am.  I laid there for what seemed to be FOREVER.  In reality, it was only about an hour.  I couldn't get comfortable.  Right side, left side, back, stomach...too hot, too cold.  ugh.  I took my pillow to the couch and curled up under Haley's zebra-striped blanket and listened to my dog, Charlie, snore.  I finally fell asleep, only to be woken up by the sun in my eyes and my alarm coming from somewhere in the couch.  The start of another day.

After taking the pups out, a cup of coffee, and a long shower, I resolved that I would survive work.  So far, so good (I'm on my lunch break).  And I won't have much time, if any, to sit in front of the tv tonight because we have dinner plans.  So I guess that'll be helpful in my crazy transition from zombie-tv-binger to...whatever I am at the end of August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment