Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's Been Years

I have a whole collection of art supplies.  Paper, colored pencils, crayons, sharpies, stickers...paint, and some canvas.  I have paint.  And blank canvas.  The last time I painted was last time I wasn't watching tv.  Yep.  A few years ago, I had a nice, big, flat screen tv.  And then I didn't.  So I didn't have a choice - there was no tv.  No internet, even.  I lived in a small, quiet apartment.  But I had an easel and my paints.  I painted quite a bit - two of those paintings have hung on the wall in every house I've lived in since then.  I love them!  They are simple and the represent another time in life that I was reevaluating things.

Tonight, I didn't pull out a canvas.  I've had a project this whole time.  Haley bought a cute, wooden sign for me to paint.  I've had it for months.  The purpose was to paint it and put our name on it so we could hang it by our front door.  So it's purple and white...and probably a little girly for Haley's tastes.  But I loved painting it.

Painting is almost therapeutic for me.  Clarifying.  Simple.

I compare it to my life, in a way.   Blank canvas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment