Saturday, August 2, 2014

Well, that didn't go as planned!

August 2, day 2.

So, yesterday: I got home from work and had to sit on the couch for a few minutes to unwind and catch up with Haley.  We both mentioned a few errands that needed to be done like an oil change and stopping by a friend's house.  After dinner out, an oil change, putting gas in the car, and scheduling a date on the river with our friend, we got home to a plethora of dishes and mountains of laundry.  No thanks.  The dogs were too hot or too occupied with the neighbor kids to go for a walk.  No counter space = no making juice either.  So did I accomplish anything I wanted to yesterday?

YES!

Since we got married and I moved in around the beginning of the year, we've been constantly going through our stuff, moving it, unpacking it, getting rid of it.  The area of our living room dedicated to our tv and entertainment stuff has been three pieces of furniture, including a book shelf, coffee table, and smaller entertainment stand.  Each has been full of appliances, movies, games, or power cords.  Last night, with Haley's help, I was able to get rid of all three pieces of furniture while still having enough space to store everything AND move all the cords out of sight.  Floor space, concealed stuff, and downsizing!  Woo!  Three of my favorite things!  We re-purposed an old dresser to hold everything.

It's not quite done yet - I still have some organizing to do, but it looks so much better!  Haley had to get up at 3:30 this morning for a very long day at work...but she stayed up with me to get as much done as possible (I have the best wife, in case you were wondering!).  Now my two hours per week of tv-watching will be clutter-free too!

...maybe today will be the dishes and laundry day.  Two of my least favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment